Auberge du Truc
( 1750 m )
SAINT GERVAIS (fr)
Capacity : 28 persons
The refuge and the restaurant are open from mid June to mid September
on the map
Click on the green boxes below to reserve this refuge :
- L'Auberge du Truc is located on a plateau 1750m above sea level on the Col du Tricot section of the Tour du Mont-Blanc.
- The panoramic view spans 360 degrees across the Domes de Miage and the Aravis mountain range
- Le Truc is all about alpine pastures and has been run by the same family for the last 75 years !!! You can try a tasty cold glass of milk at the inn and fromage blanc for a pure gourmet moment!
- The dormitory has 28 beds. The hiker's dinner is served in the evening and at lunchtime on the terrace or by the fire. The inn offers an a la carte menu.
- In this rural and tranquil setting, Le Truc is a little corner of paradise!
Free tap water,
Hot water for Thermos
Area for drying clothes,
- From les Houches via le col du Tricot, chalets de Miage
From les Houches, via Le Champel, chalets de Miage
30 minutes from the chalets de Miage to le Truc
from les Gorges de la Gruvaz
from les Contamines Montjoie (la Frasse car park)
Groups are welcome with a reservation however we don't offer a group discount.
half board for adults: €40 half board for children (under 10 years): €32
accommodation only: €16
hiker's dinner served in the evening: €16
access to bathrooms for campers (on request): €3
The evening dinner is served at 7pm. Please adhere to this time.
Breakfast is served between 6:30am and 7:30am
Hikers should respect the environment and be mindful of other hikers.
At Contamines village, you will find various shops for stocking up on supplies, a post office and banks with cash machines. You can see a doctor and go at the pharmacy.
We are Martine and Jean Philippe, the children of Bernadette who kept the refuge for 30 years.
Very attached to the Truc since our childhood, we'll have the same pleasure to welcome hikers and walkers and share our love of the place and mountain life.